Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And then there were two...

...lines that is.

At first I didn't believe it. Surely I was imagining the line. I passed the stick over to hubby and asked what he saw. He said there was a line but it was very faint. To him that meant negative. Until he read the instructions and realised that a negative would 'show no trace of a second line'. Or so said the first response test that we'd bought.

The smile that spread across his face was enchanting. Were we really going to do this? So soon? We had planned on trying for a bub next cycle. But my next cycle never showed up.

I'm not even sure why we had tested that night. My period wasn't late, we'd not done the deed much that month (I'd been away for work) and the only symptom I had was a massive case of heartburn since Easter (which I was attributing to the massive amount of chocolate I'd consumed).

But there was the evidence, staring me in the face. OH MY GOD! I'm going to be a mummy. I did a little happy dance and my gorgeous hubby told me to chill, we had a long way to go. But to be honest I was a little shocked. There were two lines there and we were going to be parents.

The next nine months are going to be a roller-coaster.

No comments: